Saturday, July 08, 2006

Current Knitting

Right now I'm doing a lot of scarves becase they are good practice and make great gifts. Because my grad school (especially the kind you have to pay for) doesn't really help the ol' pocket book, everyone gets knitted gifts this year. Anyone have any suggestions for gifts for guys? (little easy ones) When I asked my dad what he wanted he said, "a sweater, like those Dale of Norway ones" He gets coal this year.

Pattern: none - bias scarf w/ dropped stitches
Yarn: knitpicks andean silk
Needles: us 6
I'm very happy with how this is turning out. I finished most of it in the airport waiting for a delayed flight. It's very satisfying to knit because I feel like I've really accomplished something when I get to drop a stitch.

Pattern: Madison Scarf
Yarn: knitpicks andean silk
Needles: US 10.5
This is my first experince with anything resembling lace knitting. Next step is a short decorative lace scarf in tiny yarn. I haven't used anything smaller than a size six needle, so it might take a while to get up my courage.

ps - feline concensus is that this yarn is tasty

No comments: