Thursday, January 24, 2008

Teddy Bear Blanket


I began this blanket about two years ago. It was one of my first ever knitting projects. It started out great, but then I started to learn about knitting and discovered such things as stitch definition and wool. Somehow amidst all the wonderful new things to learn and try the 50 x 50 inch blanket got shoved in the back of the closet. I recently promised to make my brother a blanket and decided that before I even cast on for my brother's blanket (tough stuff since I already have the yarn) I would finish this two year old blanket. Amazingly, that is just what I did.



Now I fully admit that this blanket already looks like it is 20 years old and has not had an easy life, but I still love it. It is soft, cuddly, squoshy, warm, and best of all an amazing cat magnet.


Two years in the making and worth the wait! As an added bonus I don't even blink when the cats knead the blanket cuz it already looks like it's been attacked by a cat!

No comments: