Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Shedir

Pattern: Shedir
Yarn: Knit Picks merino style in dusk (1.25 balls)
Needles: Knit Picks US 3

I think that this is definitely the most beautiful thing I have ever knit! I love the way the tiny little cables weave in and out of each other, and the crown shaping is brilliant! I only knit four cable repeats instead of five and it is still pretty big. It is definitely too big for me, but I think it will fit my dad. If he wants it, I think it will make a lovely birthday present. As long as he promises not to machine wash it! Not only is this the most beautiful thing I've ever knit, it is also the most complicated. If I didn't have 100 other things already on my "to knit" list I would knit myself one of these babies right now!


Hat, you rock! And I think I rock just a little bit because I made you!

No comments: